Hiring an in-house Software Development in Singapore service or outsourcing software development services- which one is the best way to go?
Each service has its own pros or cons. But there are 3 factors that need to be considered, which are:
These factors will help you to decide whether you should hire in-house or outsource development services for your software project!
In addition, the fourth factor, project requirements, is overlooked by most businesses. So, we will share detailed information about both methods instead of telling you which method to choose.
This will surely help you to choose the best!
Hire An In-House Software Development Team
Whenever there is a new requirement or project, we all think about hiring people. You have to personally interview and interact with each member to understand their skill set. This will allow you to select the best fit for your company project.
So, if you want to build software, you should build a software development team. The team consist of software developers- backend, front-end, full-stack, web designers, UI/UX specialists, and many more. The number can be varied that completely depend on your project requirements.
But hiring the best people who are able to implement best coding practices and maintain quality is not as easy as it sounds.
Pros Of Having An In-House Development Team
Below, we have curated some benefits of having an in-house development team:
- You can hire people that align with your business objectives.
- You can have the advantage of direct communication with the team.
- When the product goes live, some errors come up, but you can quickly fix them with your software development team.
- You can find team members with specific required skills.
Cons Of Having An In-House Development Team
Below, we have curated some disadvantages of having an in-house development team:
- Hiring an in-house team will cost you high.
- It’s quite difficult to find the right talent that meets your project requirements.
- The improvement of team skills will be your responsibility. Sometimes, you have to offer training and courses which is quite expensive.
When Should You Hire An In-House Development Team?
There are many reasons that you should hire an in-house development team:
- When you have plenty of capital to invest in building an in-house development team.
- It makes sense when you are planning to build a long-term product.
- When you want complete control, an in-house development team is suitable.
Also Read: Everything You Need To Know About CRM Systems
Hire An Outsource Software Development Team
In outsourcing software development, you delegate the process of building the product to an agency or company that is fully responsible for all the activities. In this approach, you just need to share your project requirements with a project coordinator and manager.
The coordinators will understand your requirements and provide a quote and other information. The contractual agreement will be made between both agreed parties.
Businesses will only hire outsourcing companies when their core competency is not IT. Sometimes, there is so much on the IT department’s table.
Pros Of Having Outsource Development Team
Below, we have curated some benefits of having an outsourced development team:
- The outsourcing approach will be cost-effective. You can hire other country developers and companies that provide you with reasonable rates. This will be best when you live in a country where developers cost a lot.
- Many big companies have talented and skilled developers with expertise in different technologies. It means you have a lot of options to choose from.
- Experienced outsourcing teams already work for various industries and projects. So, they know how to use a well-defined workflow that delivers excellent code quality and better productivity.
- The company will try its best to start the project as soon as possible. It will give you a faster time to market your product.
Cons Of Having Outsource Development Team
Below, we have curated some disadvantages of having an outsourced development team:
- You can have a little control over your project because they have their own way of working methodology, coding standards, and other practices.
- If you hire a company in another country, it will be quite difficult to manage the meeting schedules. This will create a communication barrier.
- Sometimes, there are trust issues with sharing your credentials with an outsourced company.
When Should You Hire An In-House Development Team?
There are many reasons that you should hire an outsource development team:
- If you have a limited budget and can’t afford a permanent team in your office.
- When you have a lack of talent available, you are able to find the right candidate in your location that meets your requirements.
- When it’s your first experience in the IT industry, you may get stuck. You can’t afford delay if you have a project with a deadline.
Each approach, whether in-house or outsourced, has its pros and cons. But your choice can vary on your priorities. The outsourcing software development approach will be the best for you if you don’t want to deal with technicalities and complex hiring processes. This will help you to focus on your business.
Genic Solutions is the one to choose if you want to find the best outsourcing software company. We are the leading provider of Software Development Services in Singapore with high-quality work at a reasonable price. You can share the requirements, budget, and timelines with our team for Custom Software Development to acquire the desired results!